Eco Alternatives (formerly Crea8tiveMama) (USA)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please rate how well you liked this product out of 5 (with 5 being the highest)

0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
50% 50% 
[ 2 ]
25% 25% 
[ 1 ]
25% 25% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 4

Eco Alternatives (formerly Crea8tiveMama) (USA)

Post  Obsidian on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:16 am

Eco Alternatives
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ecoAlternatives

Please rate how well you liked this product out of 5 (with 5 being the highest)

Obsidian
Admin

View user profile http://www.obsidianstar.com.au

Back to top Go down

Re: Eco Alternatives (formerly Crea8tiveMama) (USA)

Post  whataboutprom on Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:11 am

I recently purchased panty liners from EcoAlternatives. I was so fascinated by the super cute fabrics available that I did not read the listing close enough. I would not have purchased them if I had realized they contained bamboo/cotton batting as the inner layer. I tested them out, and even a little water goes straight through the batting and the flannel outer layers. Luckily, I should still be able to wear these on very light spotting days, but I am worried about how well the batting will hold up after washing. From everything I have read, it is the absolute worst material to use in pads.

Welp, at least they are quite cute and were inexpensive. And now I know to read item listings more thoroughly.

*Edit* I checked her listings, and it looks like only the panty liners use the batting. I'm not sure what the purpose of it is, since it only really traps in air, but at least the seller uses good materials to line her maxi pads. I think I would prefer even just another layer of flannel inside the panty liners instead of the batting.

whataboutprom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Decent

Post  mistyriousone on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:44 pm

I ordered one of the "Overnight Cloth Pad or Postpartum pad" and they are decent. I really wanted to try one because of the unique cut they had and I didn't find it to be anything special. Of the various places I ordered pads from, this was the most expensive and I found there were others I liked more for less money. These do the job though and were soft and comfortable.

mistyriousone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eco Alternatives (formerly Crea8tiveMama) (USA)

Post  liss1987 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:44 pm

This seller's wet bags are so great. I love the size, the fabric and the construction is great. I don't love the pads as much as I thought I would. They are 11inch, flannel topped, fleece backed and have zorb, so they are very absorbent and work well. There were just a few issues I've come across with them:

1. Wings - I think this length is a newer style and I think the wings are still a bit of an issue here. They are long! They don't really fit well in most of my underwear, so I have to be careful about what I wear when I use them so that the wings don't get bunched up.

2. The fleece on the back is sooo soft, I worry about the snaps. I feel like I need to be very careful when unsnapping so that they don't rip the fleece.

3. These are not the most perfectly sewn pads. Personally, I haven't found any real issue with this in terms of function, but there don't look as nice as some other pads

I also have to add that her shipping time was super fast. All three pads were custom fabric choices and they shipped the day after I ordered. I'm not sure if this is typical, but I was impressed.

liss1987

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum