Yurtcraft (USA)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please rate how well you liked this product out of 5 (with 5 being the highest)

0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
4% 4% 
[ 1 ]
13% 13% 
[ 3 ]
83% 83% 
[ 20 ]

Total Votes : 24

Yurtcraft (USA)

Post  Obsidian on Sat May 29, 2010 5:30 am

Yurtcraft
http://www.etsy.com/shop/yurtcraft

Please rate how well you liked this product out of 5 (with 5 being the highest)
Obsidian
Admin

View user profile http://www.obsidianstar.com.au

Back to top Go down

Re: Yurtcraft (USA)

Post  hangingonthread on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:57 pm

Yurtcraft:
http://yurtcraft.etsy.com

Rating: 5

Value: These pads are so well made and well priced. They are favorites among my stash. I brought one of her pads when I first started cloth and *easily* found quality compared to my other cheap and crappy pads. That same pad is still kicking and looks new after 2 years. I really love these pads. I have never ever leaked with one of her pads and usually wear them for heavy/regular flows. They are so absorbent and I feel comfortable wearing them. No bunching and the pad stays in place.

Customer Service: Lisa, the owner, is a super sweet woman. She handles her customers with professional and quick customer service. She ships as soon as possible too, not leaving your order sit there. She is super flexible with fabric choices you want and is willing to explain. She can also customize her pattern to whatever width/length you want. I know she loves quilting, but it would be a shame if she stopped selling :(

Comments: I have a lot of pads from Yurtcraft. About 6 Regular flow pads and 3 light flow pads. I love them <3 She has a lot of experience and knowledge, so you MUST try her pads! The other pads that are not in my stash I purchased from her, my sister took them! So they are amazing. She tries not to "skim" on fabrics and wants to give her customers the best, so her Heavy flow menstrual pads may be thick for some women ;)
hangingonthread

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Obsidian on Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:42 pm

I've got about 6 of these and I love them! I rate them a 5.

Beautiful sewing - very neat and the pads are well made. The shape is both lovely to look at, and a great fit for me. I find there is always a great range of prints.
Obsidian
Admin

View user profile http://www.obsidianstar.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  A on Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:27 pm

Lisa of yurtcraft does beautiful work. Lovely shapes, gorgeous fabrics, nice pattern placement, good choices of backing and snap colors, and excellent sewing skills. And she has shipped my orders the next day with tracking numbers, which is wonderful.

Definitely a 5.

A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Knowledgeable and helpful seller

Post  archtxt on Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:23 am

Lisa was super-friendly to deal with and was very helpful with all of my questions. I like that she was able to customize to my needs. I have a torrentially heavy flow and needed a wider (3") pad with an extra layer. I also wanted to try wingless and she was very accommodating.

I found that the flannel was the best fabric to prevent leakage out to the sides and the wider width.

The only reason I haven't bought more from Lisa is because of the lack of fabric selections in the flannel department.

archtxt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Great Pads for this First Timer!

Post  Sweetbluenights on Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Rating: 5

This is my first review, first cloth pads I've ever tried. This site helped me so much on choosing a vendor, so I must pay it forward!!! Smile

Everything hangingonthread said is dead on. I am very new to cloth pads and ordered from Lisa at yurtcraft and from someplace else. I can really see the difference in quality right away. I ordered a pantyliner, regular, extra absorbent and ultra absorbent pads.

Customer Service:
I received my pads really fast - within 3 days.

Workmanship:
Really nice stitches...everything is really nice and neat. The snaps match the fabric print. What I really love is that she sews in a diamond that give an indication of the absorbency - 1 diamond for liner, 2 for regular, 3 for heavy, 4 for torrential. I didn't understand why she would do that when I first ordered, but now I see!

Comfort & Fit:
I only had a fit issue with the pantyliner...but also, it was the first cloth pad I ever tried. I found I could feel the snaps since the liner is so thin, but she does have wing extenders - I think that would help. All the others are very comfortable. I was surprised at how thin they are. It could be that they are thinner due to the quilter's cotton she used instead of flannel. As per performance, I thought I would need the Ultra Absorbent (I think she calls this one Torrential now) for my heavy day, but the Regular works just great. The Extra Absorbent (Heavy) is really great - very thin but truly extra absorbent. The Ultra is pretty thick...also it's 12.5 inches long so it really goes around me - which I love for sleeping - but I don't think I'd leave the house with that one on. Also, I found out that I don't even need an Ultra pad...the regular and heavy suffice. I really had no idea what to expect with cloth pads, and so far it's been quite a lovely experience.

I thought I would prefer the flannel feeling, but turns out I'm really liking the quilters cotton.

Look:
The pads come in all sorts of pretty patterns. I think at the moment she is restocking, but sure wish there was a little more variety. Also of note is that I really don't know what sizes will work for me - I just chose lengths that were similar to disposables (9.25"). Once I figure that out and get used to a smaller size, I'm sure I'll be fine.

Value for money:
I lucked out and found her blog on which she had a coupon. I was really hesitant on purchasing from Etsy (never have before) but finding her blog made it more "personal" and coupon helped even more. After using the pads, I'm convinced that she makes a great product and her prices are reasonable. Pretty soon I will order more. I'll definitely keep trying other places (who knows, maybe I'll end up with hundreds of pads like Obsidian!!), but I'm super pleased with Lisa at yurtcraft. For sure I'll have another order in with her soon.

Sweetbluenights

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Love her pads!

Post  allissan on Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:13 pm

She is one of my all time favorite sellers! Super nice and wonderful sewing. And always fast shipping! I have 6 or 7 of hers and im sure i will keep buying more Smile

allissan

Back to top Go down

Post  flavorcrystals on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:11 pm

Yurtcraft is one of my favorites! I wish I had tried hers first, they are very special.
They are beautiful (really almost elegant!), comfortable and effective. I really like the diamond system, saves me time when picking out my next pad from my drawer! Shipping is really fast, and her prices are very reasonable for the quality.

The shapes are great, kind of tapered in the middle. Sometimes I have difficulty opening the snaps, but perhaps they will loosen with time.
The materials are surprisingly absorbent: the only leak I've ever had was due to my choosing to use a 9.25" pad to sleep in (and I'm a back sleeper and have the "channeling" problem) and should have worn the 12.5" (which I have, I'm just still getting the hang of my IUD and cloth pads, both are relatively new to me).
Also, they wash up really well! Something about these pads makes them easy to get practically spotless, and I treat all my pads the same (dry bin until wash time when I soak them in cold water for an hour, then rinse in cold water, pre-treat with oxyclean max force gel stick, then machine wash in cold water with detergent and oxyclean (or similar) powder, tumble dry). nice.

5/5 stars, easily, in all categories.

flavorcrystals

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Misfitintoyland on Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:35 am

I rated a 5

I am a repeat customer of Lisa's. I LOVE how high quality her pads are and her expertise with stitching and pattern. These pads hold up well and fit comfortably. She is wonderful to work with and will answer any questions you may have. The only thing I would love to see is more kawaii and designer fabrics to choose from, I think she would be making a killing if she did!!

Misfitintoyland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ohletmetelu on Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:55 pm

Yurtcraft pads are my favorite!

Lisa is quick to respond to questions, shipping is super fast, her customer service is awesome, and her sewing is flawless!

The design of these pads is great because they flare out, at the ends, enough to avoid the dreaded 'wedgie' but not so much that they sneak out the back of my panties. The materials used are also top-notch. I love WindPro fleece which only a few other cloth pad makers use. WindPro is nearly impossible to leak through so I feel 110% secure in all of my yurtcraft pads. These pads never shift and are the perfect width (2.5") so there's no 'bunching' of the pads.

If you are going to try a new brand of cloth pads, have it be a yurtcraft pad! I promise you won't be disappointed and you can't beat the prices of these pads for the quality of item you'll receive.

ohletmetelu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  susansiti on Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:01 am

Thank you to this forum for helping me get started with cloth pads! Based on all the great reviews, Yurtcraft pads were some of the first I ordered, and I will definitely be getting more. I have an 8.5 inch 2-diamond pad and a 7 inch liner. They have fleece on the bottom and quilter's cloth on top, and their stitching and workmanship are really works of art. They've held up to the vigorous scrubbing I've given them over several cycles, and they have not leaked. I also discovered when I was at a wilderness cabin with only these cloth pads that they even work while still damp from washing. Thank you to Lisa and thank you to this forum for helping me find a great product!

susansiti

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  whataboutprom on Sun May 06, 2012 8:02 am

I just placed my second order with YurtCraft. They are by far the most lovely pads I have seen. The workmanship is lovely, and they are quite functional and durable. YurtCraft pads definitely help me to look forward to my period! Very Happy

whataboutprom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Yurtcraft ~How do I love thee

Post  FluffandStuff on Fri May 11, 2012 9:54 pm

Ok~ If Yurtcraft were my first pads I would have been spoiled for most others. I give these a 5. These are beautiful, handcrafted, soft and squishy pads. Normally I am all about thinness with pads and these are pretty thin, but they are thicker than say PIMPS for example. But using them is like sitting on a cloud. Soft and comfy and comforting. Ok wait. I only have one. (I havent had a chance to order more and she stopped making them recently when I was ready to purchase. )
The one I have is 10.5 inches long and to me it is the perfect length for heavy flow. It has three diamonds in the stitching to remind me that it is a heavy pad. I may have to custom order for my next pads.
Customer Service: warm, friendly fast and professional
Workmanship: This is such a well made pad. Sturdy but beautiful. The stitching is the best. I love that she includes the pad absorbency in the stitching.
Comfort & Fit: So comfortable, perfect fit, its a lounge around pad or a go out pad.
Look: Beautiful fabrics. I don't always find fabrics that I "MUST" have but they are all attractive. I'm not too fond of the sushi pads but that is just my personal taste.
Durability: The stitching is so detailed it almost gives them a sense of being fragile but these are durable, washable pads. I did get a little staining on it but I bet if i sunned it it would come out. I can barely see it with the pattern it has.
Value for money: Excellent. Some of the most affordable pads.

I get the feeling that she is a very talented seamstress that probably has an amazing day job sewing complex creative things (quilts?) and at night blesses us by making these beautiful pads that are too good for the price we pay for them. Like I said I will be buying more.

Last edited by FluffandStuff on Fri May 11, 2012 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pad length)

FluffandStuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lizbeth120 on Tue May 22, 2012 8:53 am

Purchased: two 8" medium flow, one 9.25" heavy flow

Customer Service: Lisa offers great customer service. She responded very quickly to my questions and was very accomodating and found me the print I was coveting.

Workmanship: The sewing perfection and the materials are top notch.

Comfort & Fit: I love Yurtcraft pads, they are very thin and comfortable. I have a feeling these will quickly become my favorites.

Look (visually appealing): Beautiful design with gorgeous top stitching. There are a lot of really beautiful fabric choices to choose from.

Durability: Very durable. They've been through the wash several times and still look like new

Value for money: The prices are very reasonable for such high quality fabric. $6.25 for the regular flow, and $7.50 for the heavy flow.

Overall Rating: 5+++

lizbeth120

View user profile

Back to top Go down

AMAZING PADS!!!

Post  ElizabethAnneBoleyn on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:24 pm

Wow- I wish I had heard of these pads sooner, as they would have saved me some money with other brands that I'm not as thrilled with... Every cloth user should have at least a few of these in her stash!

Quality: Incredible. Her craftsmanship is amazing. The stitching is perfection, the shape of her pads is pleasing to the eye and wonderfully functional, and her fabric selection is impressive. I currently have two 9.25 inch regular pads (which served more than adequate for a moderate flow) and two 7 inch liners (which are so cute I was almost afraid to use them!). I recently ordered 5 more pads since I loved them so much! The design is lovely and these pads work so well. Seriously, one of my all-time top brands! She customizes her pads to your specifications (for example, will create an 8 inch super heavy pad, or a 12 inch liner, and everything in between and beyond!). It's wonderful to have so many options with such well-made pads, and without limits like smaller pads with lighter absorbancies only and so on....

Price: Honestly, Lisa (the designer) could ask for more if she wanted to, and I would gladly pay it. As it is, I'm pleased her prices are so reasonable. My latest order (2 liners, 1 small regular absorbancy, and two large heavy pads) came to $36.25 (including shipping). I've definitely paid more for products I don't enjoy nearly as much. The quality is definitely far above her asking prices.

Customer Service: Lisa is wonderful. She responds so quickly, and does her best to get the custom pads finished as soon as possible. Her shipping is SUPER fast (and very reasonable!). I thin I waited a total time of 2 weeks from the time I placed my order until the time I received them, and I had 10 orders ahead of mine!!!! She's amazing!

All in all, I rated a 5 (no doubt!), and would rate higher if I could. These pads are easily one of my favorite brands, and I can't recommend them enough. I tend to rate most of the pads I review as high since there haven't been many that I didn't like, but these really blew me away!

ElizabethAnneBoleyn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  liss1987 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:45 am

I rated a 5 for Yurtcraft.

When I first started looking into cloth pads I heard a lot about yurtcraft. Then when I looked into buying, I didn't see anything in her etsy store and ended up buying somewhere else first. After I tried a few things and figured out what I needed, I ordered two 10.5" regular pads, one flannel and one cotton.

The length is absolutely perfect for me. The construction is perfect. They are definitely some of my most comfortable pads.

liss1987

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My favorite brand!

Post  Stiched in tyme on Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:23 pm

I give Yurtcraft a 5++++.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Yurtcraft! I tried over 20 cloth pad brands when I was new to cloth. But Yurtcraft is hands down my very, very favorite! I have since destashed and kept only a small selection from a few pad brands. I love the contoured fit of Yurtcraft and how they melt into my undies like a second skin. I like not "feeling" them there. I love that they feel just like my underwear! I love that I do NOT have to wear tight fitting clothes to keep them in place! Who wants to wear tight fitting clothes when they are bloated anyway?

Comfort & Fit 5 stars:
Yurtcraft offers customization of her pads to fit every body type and every particular need! If you want absorbency in your wing because you are a heavy bleeder and tend to spill off the center, no problem. Just request it. If you need your wing snaps at 2 inches to hold firmly to the gusset of your undies for sports, no problem! If you need a wider snap for boyshort undies, no problem. If you want a 7 inch ultra absorbency pad, no problem! I love Yurtcrafts flexibility!

I play a lot of sports and I wear SKIRT almost every day because I like to have cool air circulate under my legs when it is blistering hot and humid! I love my Yurtcraft 6 inch pads with a 2 inch snap setting for the wings. I can wear my pads on the 2.5 inch setting too when I am not running. I play a lot of sports and I am in the locker room every day at school. I love the discreet 6 inch length. No one can see my cloth pad. I can wear all white undies and a white cloth pad. Or all black undies and a black cloth pad. Yurtcraft pads are super discreet and super, super, super THIN and comfy! My pads feel like a second skin. They sit perfectly in my undies, they do not shift, bunch or ride up! If you like ultra, ultra thin pads that melt into your panties you will love these. Yurtcraft pads are designed for your curves and conform to your body/panty to provide maximum coverage without bulk.The wings are backed with windpro fleece and have just the top layer of cotton. This makes the wing feel just like your underwear! I love the wings without the absorbent core! (But if you want absorbency in your wings, just ask and Lisa will grant your wish).

Yurtcraft pads soakers are stitched down perfectly and are ultra, ultra, thin which feel like your just wearing your panties. Most of the pads that I bought when I was new to cloth require that I wear tight fitting undies, with tight fitting leggings and tight fitting jeans. I will only use those pads in the winter time when I am freezing cold and I need to layer my cloths to stay warm. I can wear my Yurtcrafts year round! I really can't say enough good things about them1

Craftsmanship 5 stars
Yurtcraft pads have been crafted perfectly! Yurtcraft pads are pieces of art work! Lisa is a perfectionist. You the highest quality materials, craftsmanship and functionality! I am very, very artistic. And I love the turned and top stitched pad with the stitched down soaker. In my opinion, if I am going to pay good money for a cloth pad, I want it to feel comfortable and look nice for years to come. I do not like the look of surged pads because they look frayed on the edges and quite sloppy. Lisa uses high quality fabrics. I have not had any staining or fading issues. (My secret is I add a large freezer bucket of ice to my cold soak water).

Materials 5 stars
Yurtcraft uses breathable, leak-resistant Windpro Fleece as her barrier layer instead of non-breathable PUL. Windpro fleece helps the pad not shift and it is super water resistant. I have never had a leak on any of my heavy days!
Yurtcraft offers cotton, flannel and minky as top fabric choices. I have washed my Yurtcraft pads several times now and they still look brand new.  I love to get the 100% organic quilters cotton topped pads as they breathe extremely well in hot and humid climates.

Yurtcraft soaker are made from a bamboo blend which is noted for it's fast wicking capabilities. I prefer to use all organic and natural materials next to my skin. So I am glad that Yurtcraft has organic cotton, and organic bamboo because I do not like Zorb or Minkee. (Zorb is a synthetic fabric that fluffs up as it absorbs fluid and it feels squishy. Something I do not like. And zorb does tend to hold odors). Minkee is polyester. A lot of women like the fact that minkee washes easily and does not stain. But I had a horrible yeast infections from wearing polyester panties in a humid climate. My doctor told me to wear cotton and natural fabrics. My pick, is Yurtcraft's cotton topped pads because they are perfect and breath extremely well! They are the best I have found so far. Lisa, lives in a hot humid climate and makes pads to suit such environments. Very Happy 

Price 5 stars
Yurtcraft pads are very, very, very, very reasonably priced. Her prices are comparable to other shops on Etsy. And much less than the premium brands. Honestly, she could charge more. The pads are made from the highest quality materials available. They are perfect in every way, shape and form. Lol!

Customer service and speed 5 stars
In addition, Lisa's customer service is phenomenal! I bombarded the poor woman with a zillion questions when I was new to cloth pads three months ago. She was so helpful and very patient. Lisa's customer service is top notch and lightning fast! I placed my first custom order on a Friday and I received my order the following Wednesday! I placed a second custom order on Monday and it was in the mail Tuesday and I received it Wednesday! I don't know how she can sew that fast. I was pleasantly surprised! I have since then placed more than 16 custom orders with her and I have never had to wait more than one week!

Last edited by Stiched in tyme on Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mispelling)

Stiched in tyme

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum