Cloth Pad Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C-Pop Commodities (USA)

+9
marieisabella
ohletmetelu
daimere
Misfitintoyland
hangingonthread
Sweetbluenights
veganmarmitegirl
popples
Obsidian
13 posters

Go down

Please rate how well you liked this product out of 5 (with 5 being the highest)

C-Pop Commodities  (USA) I_vote_lcap0%C-Pop Commodities  (USA) I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
C-Pop Commodities  (USA) I_vote_lcap6%C-Pop Commodities  (USA) I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
C-Pop Commodities  (USA) I_vote_lcap6%C-Pop Commodities  (USA) I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
C-Pop Commodities  (USA) I_vote_lcap13%C-Pop Commodities  (USA) I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
C-Pop Commodities  (USA) I_vote_lcap75%C-Pop Commodities  (USA) I_vote_rcap 75% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 16

C-Pop Commodities  (USA) Empty C-Pop Commodities (USA)

Post  Obsidian Sat May 29, 2010 6:29 am

C-Pop Commodities
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6481614

Please rate how well you liked this product out of 5 (with 5 being the highest)
Obsidian
Obsidian
Admin

http://www.obsidianstar.com.au

Back to top Go down

C-Pop Commodities  (USA) Empty Shameless voting for myself here..:)

Post  popples Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:35 pm

I can vote for myself right? ;D

I love my pads! But then again, I guess that's what comes of originally learning to make cloth pads for oneself... Very Happy

That said it brightens my days to know that others enjoy my pads as much as I do! Couldn't do this without ya'll, many many thanks!
popples
popples

http://popples.etsy.com

Back to top Go down

C-Pop Commodities  (USA) Empty Re: C-Pop Commodities (USA)

Post  Guest Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:05 am

I only have a couple of these, but they are definitely in my regular rotation! I love the prints (so vibrant!), and the shape and back texture keep it all securely in place. The wings and snaps on these create a little bit to bulk that is noticeable but not uncomfortable, and (on me at least) helps keep the whole pad curved up towards me in such a way as to prevent the dreaded "channeling".

Both the 2 layer and 3 layer pads feel so thin, but hold up very well even to gushes, no leaks yet! The fleece back makes rinse out time quick, and they come clean in the wash, vibrant colors intact. The shape causes them to be a bit bigger when folded compared to comparably sized cloth pads, so it takes up a bit more room in my carrying pouch, but it's a small price to pay for a superior wearing pad.
Another bonus, the shipping materials are handmade from recycled materials (various kinds shopping bags inside out and reinforced with tape), creative and smart!

5/5 stars!

Back to top Go down

Post  veganmarmitegirl Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:56 am

I'm only very new to cloth and bought my first C-pop pad on the strength of the ratings here and all the love for them I saw over on LJ. Having just had a chance to try it out I am enormously impressed.

The shape is hugely practical for me, especially as an overnight pad (I have a tendancy to spill off the ends and sides of disposables). It was just really reassuring knowing that the protection was there. I also found it very comfortable and it stayed in place perfectly.

Customer service was fab too, I'm well impressed with the great communication and prompt shipping.

All in all this is a top-notch pad and I'm eagerly awaiting my second order (which is in the post as I write this)!
veganmarmitegirl
veganmarmitegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweetbluenights Mon May 02, 2011 4:28 pm

I rate these pads a 4. I'm having a bit of a love/dislike relationship with C-pop pads, so here goes.

First off, the pads are very well made. The workmanship is great, the pads are super cute and vibrant, very reasonably priced and the shipping is fast. She ships on Fridays and I got them on Monday. Also super cool is that she reused a paper bag and taped it up to ship the pads - big points from me on that one!

The pads themselves are SUPER thin. I got two 3 layer, 11" pads to use as an overnight pad. When you put it on, in terms of the thickness, you barely feel them - that's how thin they are. That makes for a very comfy pad.

So, that is the love part of my relationship.

What bothers me the most are the position of the snaps. If you look, one snap is very near the edge, the other snap is further in. Because of this, it does not lay flat for me - even when wearing my narrowest crotch panties. If it were a pad I intended to wear out and about, it would really bother me, but because it was for sleeping, it's ok. I will ask for a wing extender the next time or ask for the snap to be placed closer to the edge.

Now it could be that because of the bulk, on my heavier night I did leak through a bit. The leak seemed to occur right at the very edge...so it also could be due to the shape of the wing. I dunno...I'll do more "testing" next month. Smile

That said, I was impressed that the thinness held up to my heavy overnight flow. Really, I cannot stress how comfortable the thinness is. See the love/dislike going on?

Second is the shape of the ends. The corners of the front end actually stick out of my panties a bit but I definitely wouldn't wear an 11" pad outside the house anyhow.

While I might have my qualms, I still think these are GREAT pads. I'm looking to get a couple as gifts for my sister-in-law - I think these will suit her body type better. I'm also willing to give the smaller sizes for regular day use a try.

I realize that not all pads will suit everyone the same, so I do encourage everyone to try them because the positives definitely outweigh the negatives.

Sweetbluenights

Back to top Go down

Post  hangingonthread Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:34 pm

Rating: 4

Value: Very nicely priced. Awesome choice of fabrics!

Customer Service: Super nice, ships once a week but my order came super quickly! LOVE her packaging. She reuses paper grocery bags and plastic bags!

But..there are some major issues...

Comments: I like these pads, but I have to agree with the commenter above me about the snap issue. Snaps should be placed evenly on the wings, not one all the way to the edge and the other in the middle of a wing. I sometimes make my own pads and I am very OCD about snap placement. Bad snap placement could equal to a rolling pad and/or a pad not staying flat. I'm also a heavy bleeder, so I need my pads to have lots of absorbency. Flannel isn't enough for me, so I keep these pads for light days. They are thin and don't really bunch up. Flannel may not work for everyone else either leaving these pads not dependable for heavy flow days, flannel is used more towards light flows.
There is 2 layer flannel pads and 3 layer flannel pads, which honestly isn't going to make a difference..it's still flannel and in order for it to be for a heavier flow, it should have around 5 or 6 layers of flannel. A difference of one layer isn't a big thing..seriously.
So on top of those issues...the flannel core doesn't extend to the flares or not even at least to the length of the pad. So if you are wearing these at night, and have "backflow" or regularly do so, the ends of the pads are only the top fabric and the fleece, leaving potential for leaks.

I don't like the wings much because they are pretty wide and not tapered down so they cause some bulk. Another thing that is starting to upset me is that the pads I brought are not nicely sewn..where the wings start to shape off the pad..I am getting serious fraying issues, there is holes! And it appears she tried to cover it up with some stitching. :/ NONE of my other cloth pads from other sellers have this kind of issue.
Her shop is usually filled with pads, but I feel lack of quality. I am irritated.

I don't know if she improved them recently or whatever, but I am really disappointed and don't recommend anymore. When I buy pads, and see a shop filled with pads, I am turned off usually and this is another case.

Bottom line: flannel isn't enough for every lady out there, the sewing needs improvement, and seeing an etsy shop filled with pads tells me the seller is concerned more of profit then of quality (which shows in her sewing).

Last edited by hangingonthread on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:25 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : eta: comment)
hangingonthread
hangingonthread

Back to top Go down

C-Pop Commodities  (USA) Empty thin and awesome!

Post  Misfitintoyland Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:32 am

I rated a 5

I have 3 of these pads and they are all very thin and very comfortable. My favorite thing about them is the wider front and back!! Don't ever change the pattern!! I am not sure if these would hold up to a heavier day, but they work for light flow. I will definitely be back to get more

Misfitintoyland

Back to top Go down

Post  Obsidian Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:13 am

It's a very interesting and pretty unique shape. While I do like a nice flared back, because the front is flared the same width, I find it a bit unnecessarily wide at the front... but it does mean both ends of the pad are symmetrical, which I do like the look of Smile

It feels quite thin, so I'm not sure how much flow it can cope with, so I prefer to keep it for lighter flow days.. that's my only major complaint, I would like more in the pad. I like that the pad snaps snugly in the crotch and isn't too wide, though the wings are interesting....

The snap on one wing is positioned more in the centre of the wing than at the end like the other one is (and is usual for pad wings), but looking at it, I believe this is done because if both snaps were done at the edge of the wing, the crotch would then be wider (too wide IMHO). So the way the snap settings are, the wing snaps more to the side than in the centre (if that makes sense - like how some Asian tops do up towards the side more than down the centre).. which I personally don't have a problem with, but I've seen some comments on that where people haven't liked it. I'm not sure why the wings weren't just made shorter so they snap the same width.. but I guess this way allows an extra snap setting to go on to make the pads wider in the crotch if you wanted that. Well sewn and a great range of prints. I'd give it a 4.5/5 (taking a bit off for the wide front and thinner core) but since that's not an option I'll give it 5/5
Obsidian
Obsidian
Admin

http://www.obsidianstar.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  daimere Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:28 am

I love these prints. I can only use the 11inch due to my panties. They feel thin which means I don't wear them other than every day use and once for flow (I started at work and only had what I qualified as my "liners."). To say the least, I didn't feel super confident that I wouldn't leak especially since there was no way that I knew how my flow would be like. Although by the end of the morning, I didn't leak but I also strategically put it on at the time where I'd wear that one the least amount.

Either way, I love the prints. It feels quality and great sewing. Great communication. I like the idea of the flare front but I've yet to ever trust these pads with a full flow. My flow would love to utilize a flare in the front when I sleep because it pulls frontwards (I have few pads I trust overnight).

I was cleaning my car out and found one of these pads. I was so excited because I missed that print. ^_^ Prints are amazing. I think I have a wet bag from her which I used on a vacation to hold my bathing suit. It was awesome and much better than using a plastic bag!

daimere

Back to top Go down

Post  ohletmetelu Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:40 pm

I was excited to try this brand because of the unique 'flared end' design and pretty fabrics. I ordered both the 9 and 11 inch sizes. My order was quickly sent out and the customer service was awesome. Upon receiving the pads I was disappointed that the absorbent layer of the pads doesn't go to each end.. it's just in the middle. Needless to say I leaked through the front of an 11 inch pad during my first wear (my only leak with a cloth pad, ever). I now only wear these pads on light days.

As light pads, this brand it great and worth trying but I don't recommend them for moderate or heavy flow, unless you flow straight down where the absorbent layer is concentrated (I flow up!). They are really comfortable and the 11 inch pads are a perfect fit for my 12-14 size frame and favorite hipster panties. Overall, I rate them a 4.

**EDIT: The pad I reviewed is a "2L" aka 2 LAYER pad! The seller makes a "3L" 3 layer pad that would be most suitable for heavier and overnight flows.. I didn't know this at the time of my original post. I recommend the 2L for lighter flow days. I'll be buying a 3 layer pad to test it out on heavier flow day soon Smile I'll be back to update!

Last edited by ohletmetelu on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Review is for a)

ohletmetelu

Back to top Go down

C-Pop Commodities  (USA) Empty C-Pop Is amazing!

Post  marieisabella Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:24 pm

Hi all-

I purchased my first C-pop pad. It is 3L 11 Inch in Alice in Wonderland Fabric and I braved the day at work! I thought I would feel weird wearing it out but honestly it was the most comfortable pad ever. I felt just like Alice in wonderland in another world and loving it!

I love my pad so much I made sure to clean it well and everything can out easy and dried fast:)

I love the shape of the pad, the inner soaker say in the middle and doesn't bulk up the pad. I wasn't worried about leaks at all and had full coverage.

It has been a slow transition for me to make the change to cloth, but C-pop definitely makes it easy, I could wear these everyday:)

The craftsmanship was wonderful and study.

These are highly recommended, good price and a wonderful product.

-Marie
[img][/img]C-Pop Commodities  (USA) Il_fullxfull.309545603

Last edited by marieisabella on Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I wanted to include a picture of my beautifully crafted pad,all rights reserved C-Pop Commodities)
marieisabella
marieisabella

Back to top Go down

Post  notamama Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:25 pm

I purchased a 3L 7" C-pop pad a couple of months ago. I love the flared front design - I tend to flow towards the front of my pads, so this design is really perfect for me. The pad is very thin, but very absorbent. In fact, I was afraid to use it for my regular flow days at first because of it's small size, but it really does hold up much better than I expected!

I am very pleased with my purchase and would definitely purchase another larger pad for heavier days. My only issue (and I'm really stretching here) is the fact that the flared ends make these pads harder to fold up nicely after they've been used, but since I like the design I can't really complain. The pad is beautifully sewn, super cute, much more absorbent than it would appear, and a good size for me, so I give C-Pop 5 Stars!

notamama

Back to top Go down

Post  whataboutprom Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:42 pm

I have a big enough stash now that I am starting to get picky about the sewing. These are some of the best made pads I own. I love the double flair, as I flow toward the front when standing but the back when sitting or lying down. I've had a very light period since the first month using cloth pads (wish I hadn't initially invested in so many heavy weight pads based on my prior periods!) so these are great for me. The absorbent core doesn't go all the way to the edges of the pad, so this might not work for people with a heavier flow.

whataboutprom

Back to top Go down

Post  liss1987 Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:32 am

I bought two 11" pads a couple weeks ago. One 2L and one 3L. I was really interested in the how the shape would work for me. When I received them I admit I was a little disappointed because the flares just seem to be the cotton top and fleece back, with nothing in between. I wasn't sure that would work for me. However, I have had no leaks so all is good so far. I rated them a 5, since they worked so well, but I wouldn't be opposed to seeing even just a layer of flannel in these pads that offers a little more protection in the flares. It would just give me a little more confidence on heavier days.

liss1987

Back to top Go down

C-Pop Commodities  (USA) Empty Not for everyone

Post  Stiched in tyme Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:10 pm

I give Popples a 2.5 star and that is generous

Craftsmanship: 5 stars.
Sewing:  5 stars.
Print selection: 5 +++ stars!!! They are so adorable!
Customer service 4.95 stars.
Snaps: 1 star. They are tiny and hard to snap up.
Absorbency: 1 star

Absorbency 1 star
The 2 layer absorbency is all I need. It is for light to moderate flow. I like the thinner pad and I would change it a little more frequently because it is more comfortable to wear. The shape is great for a fast, gusher flow. But there is no absorbency in the flares. So if you are on a very heavy day or postpartum, I would recommend using another brand.
The 3 layer absorbency is sufficient for a moderate to slightly heavy flow if you change your pad whenever you go to the restroom. The 3 layer pads will work fine for night time on a moderate night. I would not use these for a heavy or postpartum night. If you leak through the fleece you need more absorbency in your core.

The reason I gave this 1 star for absorbency is due to the fact that the pads do not perform consistently and they don't absorb at the same rate. Sad After leaking off the side of the gusset and through my jeans twice, I decided to do a water test to figure out what was going on. Two of my light to moderate pads and two heavy pads absorbed fluid in 3 second while the other two heavy pads took well over 3 minutes to absorb water! Sad  I ordered 6 pads and out of the 6, 2 took over 3 minutes to absorb water while the others took 3 seconds! The first month I used the pads 2 of them leaked off the gusset and through my jeans. Sad  I was at home so it wasn't a big deal.
I contacted the owner to trouble shoot. She suggested that i needed to wear 1) tight fitting undies, 2) tights or nylons, and 3) skinny jeans in order to keep the pad from shifting. In order to increase the rate of absorbency she suggested that I soak the pads in very hot water for a few hours. I soaked the pads in hot water for two hours six times. It reduced the time from 3+ minutes down to 1 minute and 5 seconds. That is not a huge improvement! Out of the 6 pads, two are horrible. Shocked 

After leaking off the gusset twice in the first month, I decided to give the pads a second chance. I did not leak the second month because I wore tight fitting undies, tight nylons, and tight skinny jeans. BUT I must say I felt uncomfortably wet because the blood did NOT absorb quickly into the pad. Out of the 6 pads, I only like 4 of them for their quick ability to absorb. Just a quick note. I do not use any fabric softeners in my washer or dryer. And I washed my pads in dye-free, scent-free organic Rockin' Green Femme Rock Cloth Menstrual Pad detergent. The only thing that I can think of is that the cotton print weaves on two of the pads must be really fine. Maybe so fine that water and blood can't absorb well. While other cotton weaves work well.

Fit - 1 star
The pad shifts out of my underwear! Every few minutes, I have to reach inside my small undies and size 14 skinny jeans and try to pull the 7 inch pad, back inside my undies! So not cute!

Flares 1 star
The flares stick out of my undies between 1-1.5 inches, depending on if I am wearing a 7 or 9 inch pad! That is so not discrete! I can't wear these pads in the girl's locker room!

Fit & Snugness: 1 star
If you like a slim pad or if you prefer wingless style pads, you won't like how these fit. First,  the wings are not snug and discrete at all! I am in the locker room 6 days a week. I can't wear popples pads when I am active. While wearing the pad, I used a ruler to measure the gap between the bottom of the undies and the top of the snapped wing. There was a whopping 1 inch of space. I fit 4 fingers under the wing easily! So that is not visually attractive. I even got a second snap put on one of my pads so that it would be "2 inches" when snapped. But that only helped a little. I still can fit 3 fingers under the wings! And in order to keep the pad in place even on the smaller setting, I still need to wear tight fitting undies, tight leggings and tight skinny jeans! I live in Texas and it is very hot from February until mid October. I only layer my clothes when it is winter and FREEZING COLD outside!  I don't like wearing super tight clothes when I am bloated and on my cycle! But I always wear tight undies and tight legging and tight skinny jeans in the winter because I am very petite and I am always cold! I do not reach for my Popples pads. I use other brands first and if I run out of pads, I will still use the 4 Popples pads that absorb water in 3 seconds only during the winter months and only when I am at home! (I will probably give my Popples pads away).

I won't buy more Popples. They don't suit my petite body frame. I don't like the design or the fit. But more importantly I do not like that the absorbency rates fluctuate and are not dependable. However, a lot of women really enjoy the way Popples fits their body. You might enjoy the fit. Who knows?

Last edited by Stiched in tyme on Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:12 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : mispelling)

Stiched in tyme

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down