Cloth Pad Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Domino Pads (USA)

+6
ElizabethAnneBoleyn
ohletmetelu
daimere
hangingonthread
archtxt
Obsidian
10 posters

Go down

Please rate how well you liked this product out of 5 (with 5 being the highest)

Domino Pads (USA) I_vote_lcap0%Domino Pads (USA) I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Domino Pads (USA) I_vote_lcap18%Domino Pads (USA) I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]
Domino Pads (USA) I_vote_lcap82%Domino Pads (USA) I_vote_rcap 82% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 11

Domino Pads (USA) Empty Domino Pads (USA)

Post  Obsidian Sat May 29, 2010 6:30 am

Domino Pads
http://www.dominopads.com
http://hyenacart.com/dominopads
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5822002

Please rate how well you liked this product out of 5 (with 5 being the highest)
Obsidian
Obsidian
Admin

http://www.obsidianstar.com.au

Back to top Go down

Domino Pads (USA) Empty Favorite!

Post  archtxt Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:33 pm

Rating: 5

I love, love, love the Domino Pads. I love the design because they lose the bulk in the wings, and they are SUPER DUPER absorbent. EASY clean, because of the dark colors. Very very comfy.

I am between these and Sewfussy/Fussybutt for my favorite pads. I now use the two exclusively.

archtxt

Back to top Go down

Domino Pads (USA) Empty Re: Domino Pads (USA)

Post  hangingonthread Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:26 pm

Product: These pads dry pretty quickly and wash easily too. The fabrics are of great quality. Love the construction and design of these pads as well. Don't worry about the wings, overtime she has reinforced them with an extra layer of material :) I have 2 of these pads, they are great! And the thickness on them is just perfect! One of them is dyed using a batik style, the other is natural color, both bamboo velour. The dye work is gorgeous, her dye does NOT leak/run when washed unlike other dyed pads I have from other sellers. Fantastic!

Customer Service: Very friendly, fast and speedy service. Nicely wrapped!

Additional Notes: I wish this seller offered more fabrics such as flannel or quilters cotton. I'm sure lots would love it if organic cotton flannel, organic cotton terry, or organic cotton fleece was offered instead of bamboo velour and minky as the topper fabrics. The bamboo velour she uses is superb quality and so durable! But, I'm not a fan of velours that much, I like the basics, just my opinion :)

Another note I'd like to add is that I'd really really really like to know what absorbent fabrics are being used. A little knowledgeable information doesn't hurt.

That being said, I really love my Domino pads! I highly recommend them, worth every cent. I try not to use mine so often, I love them that much :)

Last edited by hangingonthread on Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : rating)
hangingonthread
hangingonthread

Back to top Go down

Post  daimere Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:41 am

I LOVE looooove these pads. I have a dyed one and a plain one. They are so lush and comfy. I use them for my flow and every day use. Most of them have washed clean. I'm only concerned about one that I left in my car that seemed super stained. I washed it again in hopes that the stain will lift. They are sewn so impeccably. I love these pads. They are definitely a more expensive pad but so worth it. These are expensive pads that I do not regret at all.

daimere

Back to top Go down

Post  ohletmetelu Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:21 pm

I love these pads!

The materials used are very high quality and the unique design makes drying time fast. I have tried the regular length bamboo velour 'heavy' and 'moderate' absorbency pads and they are definitely some of my favorites in my stash! My items were shipped within a day or two and customer service was A+. These are priced a bit higher than sellers on Etsy but I would recommend having at least 1 or 2 in your stash. They are so comfortable! You can tell the design was really thought out Smile

ohletmetelu

Back to top Go down

Domino Pads (USA) Empty Domino Pads

Post  ElizabethAnneBoleyn Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:08 am

Love these pads!

Quality- Very well made. The stitching, materials, and design are all top notch! The design is very interesting, as the soaker is only attached on the sides (open on top and bottom), leaving room for air ventilation (shorter drying time, both on and off the body). The pad shape is wonderful as far as how it is seated in the underwear- it fits snuggly, no bunching or shifting whatsoever. The pads are fairly thin compared to some other brands, although not a thin as some by any means. Still, for minkee or bamboo velour pads, these tend to be a bit thinner than many other brands. Only had one leak with these, but it was my own stupid fault as I wore a smaller pad to bed (and I know better than that for my own particular cycle!) when I should have been wearing a longer one.

Price- A bit pricey, but well worth the money to have at least a few of them in your stash. She runs frequent sales and specials, and if you like her on facebook, she provides a discount code that can be used on all orders. Shipping prices are very reasonable (shipping times are excellent as well).

Customer Service- Excellent. Karin is very friendly, easy to work with, and aims to please her customers. Her pads are all custom made, but orders do not take very long to make and ship out (I've never waited longer than 10 days to 2 weeks from start to finish!).

These pads are wonderfully comfy, and to be honest, I feel a bit like a princess when I use them. I highly recommend having at least a couple in your stash!

ElizabethAnneBoleyn

Back to top Go down

Post  whataboutprom Sat May 05, 2012 7:31 pm

These are very soft, which helps them to conform to my shape well and stay in place. I love the thin fleece backing and wings, and the fact that the soaker is only attached at the sides for faster drying. I purchased the bamboo velour, which I love, and the Silkee verion of Minkee, which is not as soft as I had hoped, (but it was worth trying out, as I had not seen this material available from other pad makers.) If I purchase more, I will stick just to the velour, which right now is available in some beautiful prints.

whataboutprom

Back to top Go down

Domino Pads (USA) Empty LOVE!

Post  FluffandStuff Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:29 pm

One of my favorite pad makers. I have several in the hand dyed bamboo. I am tall (not as tall as the seller), not petite, but I do like the petite size pads and pantyliners. I love how well made they are. I love the bamboo. I love the black windpro fleece. So much absorbancy. I love the medium extra design with extra absorbancy only in the middle! So many options for sizes. Just excellent! The wind pro fleece just disappears when you wear them. The pads look "big" because of the fleece around the edge but that does not add any bulk. No bunching or slipping around. I love these pads ok?

Customer Service: Great- nice and helpful, quick replies
Workmanship: Great
Comfort & Fit: So soft and comfortable-conforms to body and underwear to feel almost like nothing
Look: Beautiful hand dyed colors
Durability: They seem like they will hold up to a lot of wear
Value for money: Good

FluffandStuff

Back to top Go down

Domino Pads (USA) Empty Heaven in your pants!

Post  Stiched in tyme Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:36 am

I rate Domino Pads with 5 stars!

Construction 5 stars
Sewing/Stitching 5 stars
Quality of Materials used 5 stars
Design 5 stars
Comfort 5 stars
Fit 5 stars
Absorbency 5 stars
Thinness 5 stars - for the bamboo and minkee catagory of cloth pads
Wing snugness 5 stars
Price 5 stars
Drying time- 5 stars

Wings and Fit 5 stars
Domino Pads have no-bulk, single layer Windpro Fleece wings resulting in pads that feel like underwear - not like a diaper! They disappear into my undies and fit so well! Domino Pads use breathable, leak-resistant Windpro Fleece as our barrier layer instead of a, non-breathable PUL. Domino Pads are vegan friendly and contain absolutely no animal products.
Domino Pads have a range that will fit every women perfectly: petites, regular and plus sized women alike! Domino Pads were designed by an angel. They fit my petite frame like a dream! Domino Pads melt into my undies and feel like a second skin. I forget that I am even on my cycle until I use the restroom. Not kidding! One of my criteria for picking pads, is that I have to forget that I am wearing it! I really enjoy how luxurious feeling the bamboo velour is! I love the slender Windpro fleece wings because they snap up nice and trim! The pad sits perfectly in the undies and there is no bunching, no riding up, no shifting, and no wedgies! I really enjoy the fit of these pads! Domino Pads are in my top 3 favorites.

Price - 5 stars
Domino pads are a premium brand with a wonderful reputation and are a bit pricey. If you look around at other brands and compare apples to apples, Domino pads are well worth the extra $1.50. You get what you pay for. The best quality and comfort hands down. I will be buying more in the future.

Absorbency 5 stars
Absorbency levels range from liner to extra heavy. I love that you can get extra absorbency in the gusset if you need it. I am a center gusset bleeder. But so far I have only tried the petite mini medium and that was sufficiently absorbent for my heavy day. Domino pads wicks fluid up and moisture away instantly. Love it!  The bamboo velour top itself is fabulously fast at absorbing fluid but the combination of a bamboo blend core makes an OUTSTANDINGLY absorbent and THIN bamboo velour/minkee pad!  One of my petite mini medium pads 7" soaker can hold 3 teaspoons of water in the center gusset alone. The maximum the entire 7" soaker can hold 7 teaspoons of water! (FYI, I did water tests on my favorite ultra, ultra, ultra thin pads which only hold between 1-1.5 teaspoons of water in the gusset core before I need to change. But the entire pad will hold more water. I tend to bleed in the center). I love to wear my Domino pads on my heavy days. Bamboo is lightening fast at wicking! I feel dry even when bleeding heavily! That is due to the design of the pad and the bamboo. I have never had a leak or spill. Domino Pads use the highest quality materials on the cloth pad market. The fleece backing is Windpro fleece and it is super, super, super, water resistant. I would say it is as close to water proof as you get without being waterproof. I am very pleased with my Domino Pads they are so comfy! Domino pads range in soaker lengths from 7 inches all the way to 13.5 inches.

Drying time 5 stars
Domino Pads open ends are designed to allow for more airflow in the dryer, resulting in a shorter drying time! I also did a dryer test to see if Domino pads dry faster than other bamboo pads, due to their unique design. I placed my Pink Lemonade OBV pad and my Domino Pad in the dryer at the same time. The Pink Lemonade pad took an extra 45 minutes to dry! So I can confidently say that the design of the Domino Pad is far superior to Pink Lemonade. I love my Domino Pads! Seriously, I can't say enough good things about them. I say again, you get what you pay for and they are worth every single penny!

Last edited by Stiched in tyme on Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:38 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Mispelling)

Stiched in tyme

Back to top Go down

Domino Pads (USA) Empty LOVE!

Post  GSD Gal Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:29 pm

I love these pads!! They are so comfy and thin, you don't even know you are wearing them. They are larger than other styles I have used, but they are not bulky at all. I find that I rarely have to shift the liner around if I use it all day on an "in case" day, and never when I have it on for only a couple hours.

I have tried both the minky fabric and the natural bamboo, and although the bamboo is not quite as soft as the minky, it's not noticeable on. I prefer the natural material, and so a majority of my pads from Domino's is the hand-dyed bamboo. The top layer dries quickly so my sensitive skin doesn't chafe and I have not experienced any problems with leaking (although they are not leakproof, so if you don't change regularly, you may have a problem with leaks). The minky washed clean and the bamboo may stain if it sets, but is hidden by the colors easily. And her colors are so vibrant!

Their service was not as quick as some I have experienced, but it only takes a few days before they are sent out. I also like that they have two Facebook pages, one for the business and one for women to chat with each other about the natural lifestyle.

Overall, her pads make up almost half my stash! LOVE them!!

GSD Gal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down