Cloth Pad Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luna Pads (USA/CAN)

+9
ElizabethAnneBoleyn
acidstars9
ohletmetelu
bekki2308
fireaphid
notamama
memorist
popples
indigohoney
13 posters

Go down

Please rate how well you liked this product out of 5 (with 5 being the highest)

Luna Pads (USA/CAN) I_vote_lcap33%Luna Pads (USA/CAN) I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 5 ]
Luna Pads (USA/CAN) I_vote_lcap13%Luna Pads (USA/CAN) I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
Luna Pads (USA/CAN) I_vote_lcap0%Luna Pads (USA/CAN) I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Luna Pads (USA/CAN) I_vote_lcap27%Luna Pads (USA/CAN) I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 4 ]
Luna Pads (USA/CAN) I_vote_lcap27%Luna Pads (USA/CAN) I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 15

Luna Pads (USA/CAN) Empty Luna Pads (USA/CAN)

Post  indigohoney Fri May 28, 2010 12:18 am

http://www.lunapads.com

Please rate how well you liked this product out of 5 (with 5 being the highest)

Additional reviews: http://www.diaperpin.com/diapers/ItemDetail.asp?ID=376

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our last forum disappeared due to a server breakdown at our last host. Reviews and poll results from that old forum have been copied here exactly as they were written in the previous reviews.

Old forum poll results and reviews are under this spoiler:
Spoiler:
indigohoney
indigohoney

http://indigohoney.clothpadshop.com

Back to top Go down

Luna Pads (USA/CAN) Empty Re: Luna Pads (USA/CAN)

Post  popples Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:31 pm

Least favorite commercial pad, ever.
popples
popples

http://popples.etsy.com

Back to top Go down

Post  memorist Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:22 pm

i am so not a fan of these despite having them for years

i find the base bulky, plus the snap system is weird (at some point they used rows of 3 snaps with those tiny "snaps on a strip" way)

The inserts are all cut different directions on the flannel material so all the liners shrink in different ways (not preshrunk i don't think) so some liners are longer than others, some are more narrow than others

I find the rick rack way of putting in the liners not very convenient and the liners tend to bunch up.

On the plus side, they look almost like new after 3 years, but mainly i think it's because i so rarely use them.

The marketing and packaging that comes with the pad is great, but imo, the actual product is overpriced and so not worth it.

Kudos to them on really getting the word out there about cloth pads though

memorist

Back to top Go down

Post  notamama Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:27 am

These are my least favorite pads. The snaps design was my biggest complaint - they use a sew on snap, and the fabric backing is very rough and scratched the inside of my thighs whenever I wore them. I've also decided that the insert style of pad just doesn't work for me, they bunch up and I tend to bleed onto the rickrack, so I end up changing the entire pad all at once anyway. Plus, I really didn't think these were very absorbent, and adding layers of inserts made them unbearably thick and bulky.

I modified my Lunapads to make them more useful to me: I removed the snaps and sewed on my own metal snaps, and cut off the rickrack entirely. I now use them as liners on light days. I don't hate them now that I've made modifications, but I definitely give these a low rating.

notamama

Back to top Go down

Post  fireaphid Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:49 pm

My post from the old forum was saved, but I'm going to post more of my thoughts here just to balance out the written reviews. It's an unpopular viewpoint, but I do like the liner-on-top style as well as Lunapads in particular. They may not be very absorbent, but if you have a light or predictable flow, that may not be a major problem. I like them because I can carry all the pads I need in my pockets, which wouldn't be possible if I exclusively used AIOs.

Additionally, the Lunagals are true professionals, and the customer service is great. They're more expensive, and because other sellers make pads with the same liner-on-top style for a much lower price, I wouldn't call them a good value. I think they're well-made, but I don't think the materials are any better than average. I've had mine for 3 1/2 years, and they've held up alright, but they do look as old as they are, as cotton fleece and flannel really show their age. I'm also not crazy about most of the patterns/colors, as there's a limited selection with an emphasis on pink and flowers, so I'm not likely to buy more, though I do look for them in trades.

fireaphid

Back to top Go down

Luna Pads (USA/CAN) Empty Lunapads - worst purchase ever

Post  bekki2308 Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:09 am

youtube.com/watch?v=3Jx9HMgPRUs&feature=player_profilepage

Summary of review: overpriced, poor quality, terrible customer service, poor absorbency

bekki2308

Back to top Go down

Post  ohletmetelu Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:37 pm

I have 1 long liner in this brand that I got as a 'sample' with paid shipping. The liner shrunk significantly (they must not prewash) and flannel pilled after just that initial wash. The snaps are hard to close as they are tiny. I would not buy these with my own money (glad I just paid shipping for the sample). I gave them 2 stars because they do advocate the use of reusable products but from my experience with just one liner, the quality of WAHM menstrual cloths and liners (on etsy and hyenacart) are far superior to this over-priced brand.

ohletmetelu

Back to top Go down

Post  acidstars9 Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:17 pm

These were the first cloth pads I ever purchased (I had no idea there were so many other brands available at the time). Honestly, the "regular" pad that you are supposed to wear for regular/heavy days was the bulkiest most uncomfortable pad I've ever used. You might as well just put a towel in your underwear, because that's what it felt like. Even the mini pads were uncomfortable. For some reason they feel very stiff and unflexible, and very thick. I would not recommend these and would never purchase them again.

acidstars9

Back to top Go down

Luna Pads (USA/CAN) Empty Lunapads

Post  ElizabethAnneBoleyn Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:06 pm

I'm falling into the minority on this one, but I really enjoy my Lunapads. Especially when I'm on the go- it's nice to only need to carry around a few inserts instead of a few larger pads.

Quality- Great! The inserts are wonderfully soft and cozy, and definitely thin enough to be comfortable without feeling overly bulky (granted, stacking more than one insert for heavier flow is definitely a bit bulkier, but I haven't had to do that too often). I tend to wear the Maxis on moderate days, and find that one insert is plenty absorbant for a couple of hours. The inserts stay in place, and there is barely (if any) shifting of the pads or the inserts. The pad base material does look worn after some washes, but that is typical of flannel, fleece, and cotton materials. The stitching is professionally done, and holds up nicely (I wash on a regular or even heavy cycle, and have had no issues). The pantyliners are incredibly comfy, and offer a great deal of protection (I own the Mini Pantyliners and the Long Pantyliners and love them both!). The Mini Pads are nice for light to moderate days, and I own one Postpartum pad that I find useful for overnights when I'm paranoid about leaking onto my sheets (although I prefer the winged liner over the tri-fold). I have NEVER had a leak with these pads (and only "leaked" onto the base pad through the insert a couple of times, but never through the base). I also appreciate the fact that Lunapads offers winged liners- some people dislike them, but I find them to be very comforting and cozy.

Price- Definitely expensive. The most expensive I have found to date. My only complaint about Lunapads is the high price. I understand that being a larger company usually means higher cost (what with advertising, employees, distribution costs, etc), so I try not to let it upset me too much. Do I think it's worth the money to have some in one's stash? Absolutely, if you enjoy the liner-on-top style pads. Would I build an ENTIRE collection of Lunapads only? Probably not, unless I had the extra cash to throw around. But I like variety anyway, so it's kind of a moot point. They also offer a facebook discount, as well as frequent sales and promotions, which helps on the price for sure! They are currently running a free liner sample for the cost of shipping. Shipping is fast, but also a bit pricey (internationally at least, from Canada to the U.S.). They do give free shipping on orders over $75!

Customer Service- Excellent. These women are easy to work with, happy to answer your questions, and aim to please their customers (and frequently have followed up with me to make sure I enjoyed my purchases). They have some nifty perks with regards to CS- such as a 1-800 number, as well as an online chat (which I have used several times!). I also have a deep appreciation for their willingness to help others spread the word about reusables (I've seen them give away many products for this purpose). I think it's also fabulous that these pads can now be foudn in some drugstores in Canada (it'd be nice to see them, as well as other brands, in US stores too!). But it's nice that this company is getting out a product that is more mainstream.

Lunapads also offers many great products aside from their pads. The Lunatic chocolate bars are amazing, and honestly have helped relieve my cramps! The Bunchafarmers stain stick is an incredible way to get rid of potential stains. I haven't tried Lunapanties yet, but I'm looking forward to doing so soon! And there are tons more products available on their site!

While they may not be the most popular or best value, I still hold true to my Lunapads. I like the ability to customize the absorbancy, as well as the feel (sometimes I enjoy a thicker pad, sometimes a thinner one), and especially the convenience of not needing to carry around more than a few inserts to get me through a day. If liner-on-top pads are an interest, give Lunapads a try (just remember to take advantage of the discount codes!).

Last edited by ElizabethAnneBoleyn on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Further details)

ElizabethAnneBoleyn

Back to top Go down

Luna Pads (USA/CAN) Empty Lunapads

Post  Zsoka Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:40 pm

I actually really like my Lunapads. I find them comfortable and absorbent. I like that I can change the liner without having to change the whole pad as this means I have to carry less stuff around. I also have not had any issues with staining.

Zsoka

Back to top Go down

Post  whataboutprom Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:40 am

I don't know why the two brands of pads that can be found most often in stores are the two that are in my opinion the worst. I love that the founders of Luna Pads work so hard to spread the word about cloth pads. However, my first cloth pad (years ago) was a Luna Pad, and it worked so poorly that it was several years before I got up the nerve to try reusables again. The design just does not work for me, at all. I will take an all-in-one made in someone's home over these any day.

whataboutprom

Back to top Go down

Post  FluffandStuff Thu May 03, 2012 1:14 pm

I gave Lunapads a 4 because I think they are a great company, doing many wonderful things for women and girls and provide excellent customer service. That said, I don't really use them anymore. Lunapads were my first pad crush when there was very little options out there. This was years ago and I was loyal to them. I liked the ability to change the liner because I had a heavy flow and needed to often and then when lunapanties came out i switch to those because I found them less bulky and more comfortable and discreet under jeans/pants.

I stopped using cloth pads all together for a while and when I came back to cloth, I ordered new luna pads and panties, not realizing there were so many amazing other companies to choose from! Because I was pregnant, I ordered the postpartum kit which included one heavy (postpartum) pad and liners and one long pad with liners. The liners are amazingly soft. I also ordered new lunapanties. I never got to use the postpartum pad because by the time I got out of the hospital I had stopped my heavy flow, but I do use the long pad as an overnight pad and I find it very comfortable. I was very disappointed with the new design for lunapanties. I plan to sell them. I have never used them because they are so bulky now they are like wearing a diaper. They would have been great for postpartum but I will never use them for my regular period. The pantyliners are also way to bulky for me and move around too much.

Here's my breakdown:
Customer Service: Excellent
Workmanship: Good but I dont like the tiny metal snaps, sound sewing, well made
Comfort & Fit: Bulky but nice soft fabrics. Fine for sitting around or sleeping but not for going out and about in my opinion.
Look: I'm not in love with their prints, there really isnt a beauty to their design, just function.
Durability: good
Value for money:They are pricey but worth it if this is the style you want.

FluffandStuff

Back to top Go down

Post  camdes Fri May 11, 2012 4:14 pm

I only have good things to stay about luna pads besides the fact that their products are pricey. Shop around and you can find great quality products at a more affordable price.

camdes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down