Cloth Pad Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amy's Rag Bag (USA)

+2
popples
indigohoney
6 posters

Go down

Please rate how well you liked this product out of 5 (with 5 being the highest)

Amy's Rag Bag (USA) I_vote_lcap0%Amy's Rag Bag (USA) I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Amy's Rag Bag (USA) I_vote_lcap25%Amy's Rag Bag (USA) I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
Amy's Rag Bag (USA) I_vote_lcap75%Amy's Rag Bag (USA) I_vote_rcap 75% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 4

Amy's Rag Bag (USA) Empty Amy's Rag Bag (USA)

Post  indigohoney Fri May 28, 2010 2:41 am

Our last forum disappeared due to a server breakdown at our last host. Reviews and poll results from that old forum have been copied here exactly as they were written in the previous reviews.

Old forum poll results and reviews are under this spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by indigohoney on Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
indigohoney
indigohoney

http://indigohoney.clothpadshop.com

Back to top Go down

Amy's Rag Bag (USA) Empty Re: Amy's Rag Bag (USA)

Post  popples Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:36 pm

For whatever reason, the poll will not let me vote?

But I give Laura's pads a 5 out 5 for sure! Her sewing skills are top notch and I love that she uses reclaimed fabrics.
popples
popples

http://popples.etsy.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:56 am

One of my favorites! Especially the liners, they are the best of any I've tried. They may look & feel thin and insubstantial, but they work really well and are so comfortable! The fasteners are more user friendly than they appear, and are an excellent alternative to snaps. Also, I was skeptical about the liner booster system, but it's actually a staple in my rotation now. Very often I find that by the time I would like to change out a pad, I either haven't even touched the booster, or have just spotted on it (a testament to the effectiveness of the liners!) If the liner is still clean, I just swap out the liner. And since the pieces are so thin and don't have PUL (the ones I buy, anyway, though it is available), they clean super quickly and thoroughly.
She uses reclaimed and second hand fabrics, and the results are top notch with unique prints: some adorable, some fun, and some quirky. I love my "universe set" (two liners and a booster with planets, galaxies stars and nebulae) and the sweet flowers, and the cozy looking tie-dye. Lately I'm eyeing the silk topped liner with the chairs print; very amusing! The custom order process is also really easy, so that might be something else I try in the future.

Overall, Amy's Rag Bag has been the biggest wild card out of all the sellers I've tried: went from something I tried as a whim to an essential, beloved part of my collection. Give this one a try, you won't be disappointed! The the beginners kit is a great place to start! Or even just one liner/booster set, since they are very reasonable priced.

Definitely 5/5 stars across the board.

Back to top Go down

Post  fireaphid Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:04 pm

I've got quite a collection of Amy's Rag Bag pads and can't say enough good things about them. Laura is the sweetest seller and a pleasure to work with. I love that the materials are recycled and am happy to report that it doesn't compromise their durability one bit. Because she often gets a small amount of each fabric, there's always a lot of variety in the available fabrics, and I love the unique shapes of her pads. They're very well-designed for reducing bulk due to the asymmetric shape of the topper that gives more coverage only where you need it, the comfortable and effective all-fabric clasp design, and the very thin wings. They're a great value not only because of Laura's newbie specials but also because a set of just a few pieces can be used for any kind of flow, so you can save money by having a smaller stash. I recommend these highly!

fireaphid

Back to top Go down

Post  Obsidian Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:43 pm

Amy's Rag Bag has a unique way of keeping the wings closed! She creates this tab thing that means there are no snaps or velcro or anything other than fabric used (very eco-friendly). Which allows her to use completely re-purposed fabrics for her pads. I've got a belted pad tester with a pantyliner and booster set, and another (gorgeous) pad. I love the shape as a small pad/pantyliner, though I like longer and thicker pads for anything more... I like that her system allows for you to add boosters when you need more absorbency, even though I personally prefer the ease of something I don't have to add stuff to. The pantyliner that I have as part of the belted set has jersey wings, which may not look as polished as another brand pad, I think the function is great because it's stretchy, so it helps the pad fit around the crotch of your undies nicely. The larger pad I have doesn't have the jersey (so it looks a bit nicer) and sill fits great though. I do prefer using a pad with snaps as they are easier/quicker to use, but I appreciate the effort that's gone into creating this closure style instead, so I'm prepared to take the extra time. Well sewn, and good attention to matching prints and coming up with interesting pads. I'd rate these a 5/5.
Obsidian
Obsidian
Admin

http://www.obsidianstar.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  ohletmetelu Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:27 pm

The innovative design of these pads deserves an award! Seriously!!

No snaps= no unnecessary plastic being used & more comfortable bike rides Smile

I have 4 pads and 5 liners made my Laura. The liners are great for everyday and fit in my favorite (Texture brand) panties PERFECTLY! The buttonhole closure is awesome because I can wear a dress without having to feel any wings tickling my thighs.. I forget I'm wearing a pad!

This is my favorite brand for travel because I need less pieces to get through a whole cycle. I layer my pads and/or liners over a 'waterproof' booster. My 'flow' rarely reaches the booster before I change it so I can travel with a lot less stuff!

I highly recommend these pads! You'll be blown away by how much attention Laura pays to each and every detail. The wings, closure, front and BACK and the pads/liners match perfectly.

I also recommend the 'hemp' option as the absorbent layer because it's much thinner than the standard cotton fleece.

ohletmetelu

Back to top Go down

Post  whataboutprom Sat May 05, 2012 7:40 pm

I had to try these out because of the unique, snap-free closure. I don't ride a bike or anything, but it's nice to have options! I purchased 3 pantyliners, and I love that they are small and thin, perfect for every day use. One of the random fabrics she chose for me was a Halloween print with black cats- I love it! I don't find the fabric closure hard to use, and in fact it's a bit easier than small snaps with my carpal tunnel syndrome.

ETA: If you are going to wear skirts or baggy pants with these, I would definitely recommend the buttonhole closure that tucks the tabs inside.

whataboutprom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum