Cloth Pad Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleaning care

3 posters

Go down

Cleaning care Empty Cleaning care

Post  telula Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:28 am

I'm not sure where to put this, since I can't find a section on cleaning, so I guess it's off topic. Anyways, I am in the process of making my own pads. They will be made completely from flannel. I'm planning to soak them after use and before washing and I'm wondering what would be the best to put in the water to keep the stains at bay. I've heard of everything from salt to borax, from vinegar to baking soda. I'm wondering what most people are using, what works and what doesn't.

Thanks!

telula

Back to top Go down

Cleaning care Empty Re: Cleaning care

Post  Obsidian Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:38 pm

Smile I moved the post to Red Tent.

it seems that different women have different results with staining and what products to use. I found I didn't get staining at all if I let the pads soak in plain water (basically so long as they stayed wet), until I went on the pill and now I do get some staining. So I'm not sure what the change has been there, perhaps because my periods are lighter and they get a chance to dry out more.

So I'd recommend giving it a go with plain water, and see if you get staining to begin with, then work out what to do from there. You may be lucky and not need to use anything.

if I do get stains, I find pouring some baking soda onto the pad (that's been rinsed out) and scrubbing it a bit with my hand, will get some of it out, and the sunlight when they hang up to dry usually gets the rest, if not the first time, by the second time it's washed they are gone.
Obsidian
Obsidian
Admin

http://www.obsidianstar.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  indigohoney Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:07 am

Baking soda in a soak works great for stains in a soak, but something that is absolutely amazing for stains is an oxygen based bleach e.g. Napisan, Oxyclean Smile
indigohoney
indigohoney

http://indigohoney.clothpadshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum